Friday, October 21, 2016

Assignment 8

Alrighty. So for this project, I made a basic, very simple object of what will eventually become the jackal guards, one of the enemies in the game. In the stuff I did, it only has the torso and head thus far, but I've also been developing the arms some since.

Here it is in Blender:

It has very basic shapes right now and I just added a general black texture to it for the time being. I'll go back in later and add more complex things when I find the time to experiment.

Then this is how it looks in Unreal:

(Ignore the other stuff, I was just messing around)
It ended up being much larger than I anticipated, but that's simple enough to scale down. I did notice an issue when trying to actually build the game, and the texture on the jackal would become solidly black. I don't quite know what might cause this problem, though, so I'm going to look deeper into it.

I tried to upload both things into GitHub, but I couldn't really succeed, and no one else seems to have uploaded their things either. So this is about as far as I got with that:



And that's all she wrote.

EDIT:
Actually got the jackal onto GitHub, along with the right hand of our main character. We still have yet to put all of our objects into one Unreal project, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment